at Planet Granite San Francisco
WHAT IS F10 FITNESS?
The Ten Elements to fitness are:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance 2. Stamina3. Strength 4. Flexibility 5. Power 6. Speed
7. Coordination 8. Agility 9. Balance 10. Accuracy
F10 Fitness not only adapts and develops exercises to improve participants’ overall fitness, but physically and mentally challenges participants above and beyond their initial capabilities.
This is an all inclusive fitness program designed for individuals to challenge themselves and push each other. It enhances physical strength, reduces weaknesses, builds community through team cohesion and also supports and encourages new participants with limited experience and confidence. F10 Fitness classes include skills in gymnastics, Olympic weightlifting and cardio or metabolic conditioning sports. The workouts are conducted in varied methods and times to keep the participant enhancing their general physical preparedness (GPP) and overall fitness.
Instructors skills and qualifications
All functional fitness instructors are at a minimum CrossFit Level 1 certified and have climbing and outdoor backgrounds. They are highly motivational and are skilled in scaling all workouts for each individual that need more attention in difficult movements during the workouts. Check out their bios on the Planet Granite website.
These classes are designed for increased overall fitness, enhancing the physical and mental strengths that are necessary to support climbing training. Climbers can expect to strengthen and build on endurance and explosive power, which will translate to movement on the wall.
The Fundamentals program is required for all participants prior to participating in an F10 class. The Fundamentals program is an 8 hour long, small group workshop usually divided into 2 days. It is designed for participants to learn all the requirements to participate in the classes effectively and with proper technique. This includes:
- The nine principle movements to functionality:
- Squat 2. Front squat 3. Overhead Squat 4. Press 5. Push Press 6. Push Jerk 7. Deadlift 8. Sumo Deadlift to High Pull 9. Clean
- Basic movements to Gymnastics:
- Hollow hold, Hollow rock, Candlestick, Sit ups, Back extensions
- Hanging hold, Tick-tock, kip, pull up, Push ups, dips
- Introduction and cues to powerlifting and weightlifting:
- Deadlift, Clean and Jerk, Snatch
- Correct use of equipment for gymnastics, weightlifting and metabolic conditioning including:
- Plyometric boxes, kettlebells, barbells with bumper plates, Hex dumbbells, Olympic rings, parallettes, Medicine balls, Jump ropes, Concept 2 rowers, Glute/Hamstring Developers to name a few.
- Introduction to mobility with:
- Static and dynamic stretching with Plastic PVC pipes, rubber powerbands
- Self MyoFascia Release techniques with lacrosse balls, Foam rollers and partner pressure release techniques.
Cost: $200, must be a PG member or purchase a daily visit pass. For dates for F10 Fundamentals, please contact Andres at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A participant in F10 Fundamentals must be a Planet Granite member or pay a day use pass to participate in F10 Fitness.
|6:30 am||F10 Fitness with Sarah||F10 Fitness with Jamie||F10 Fitness with Sarah|
|7:30 am||F10 Fitness with Sarah||F10 Fitness with Jamie||F10 Fitness with Sarah|
|12:00 pm||F10 Fitness with Andres||F10 Fitness with Stephanie|
|9:00 pm||F10 Fitness with Andres||F10 Fitness with Stephanie|
For a list of our instructors, see this page here!