SIGN OUR LIABILITY WAIVER
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter! Subscribe to our blog Subscribe to our newsletter! instagram Follow us on Vimeo!
Planet Granite Logo New PG Portland Gym opening in 2014! PG San Francisco Climbing Yoga & Fitness Gym Planet Granite Belmont Climbing Yoga & Fitness Gym PG Sunnyvale Climbing Yoga and Fitness Gym
Oct 302014

Planet Granite's First Youth Writing Contest

As an Event Staffer, then as a climbing coach, and now as the Youth Programs Coordinator at PG Belmont I have met so many inspiring young climbers during our youth programs! These young climbers constantly remind me to live in the present, and they inspire me to climb better. Now, the most appropriate thank-you I Read more…

Oct 272014

Get the Beta on Training - Guest post by Neely Quinn

“How can I properly train for climbing?” That’s usually the hot question for most climbers. And then even finding the right training program for your body (and your lifestyle) can be really challenging! This was the same question on Colorado climbers Neely Quinn and her husband Seth Lytton minds’ when they created TrainingBeta.com.  Their site Read more…

Oct 242014

Oh What a Night! - BLOC PARTY 2014 FINALE

*Event recap brought to you today by PG Setter Shannon EK Joslin. BLOC PARTY SERIES 2014 concluded at PG San Francisco on Friday, 11/17. It’s a week past the conclusion of BLOC PARTY 2014 and the excitement is STILL booming up in San Francisco. Competitions seem to bring out the BEST in Planet Granite’s community and I’m always inspired to see so Read more…

Oct 232014

Headlamp Climbing @Planet Granite

HEADLAMP CLIMBING! Join us at our gyms for a night of LIGHTS OUT!  This is one of our most popular events of the year! Friday October 24th – PG Belmont & PG Sunnyvale Friday October 31st – PG San Francisco Bring a headlamp (we’ll have some to purchase) and try out climbing in the Read more…

Oct 212014

Steck Salathe - Squeezing in Another Classic

Squeezing in Another Classic A Route Description of the Steck Salathe by Walker Emerson  — (A WORD OF CAUTION: Before you embark on this adventure, please do your research! Review both online sources and printed guidebooks. This route is notoriously challenging and should not be taken lightly. Be both confident and comfortable climbing 5.10 cracks Read more…

Oct 162014

Rapping Off Sketchy Bolts: Why PG Gives Loads Of Money To The ASCA

If you’ve been climbing long enough you’ve probably heard a story about rapping off a sketchy anchor or clipping a spinning bolt. The American Safe Climbing Association (ASCA) wants that to stop and has made it its mission to replace bolts worldwide. For a fourth straight year, Planet Granite has committed to matching up to $20,000 for Read more…