Jul 302014

A Day on the Incredible Hulk - by Walker Emerson

A Day on the Incredible Hulk Surviving an epic in the mountains – By Walker Emerson  — Shivering in the sun on a granite cliff I watch my yellow puke drip down the sparkling rock. Pieces of oats and a brown paste streaked with melted chocolate chips stain the ledge at my feet. I’m embarrassed. Read more…

Jul 222014

Rock-A-Holic - a film project featuring PG members Michael & Stacey

We are psyched to share one of our member’s Michael Dorame’s dream project.  Currently an Indiegogo campaign, this inspiring film touches on how climbing has affected the lives of 5 individuals, including himself and another PG Member, Stacey Collver. In 2003, Stacey Collver was diagnosed with a rare lung cancer called, “Lymphangioleiomyomatis.” At that time, she Read more…

May 142014

Better Together - Santa Clara Firefighters Foundation visits PG Sunnyvale

This past week, the Santa Clara Firefighters made their annual trek to Planet Granite Sunnyvale for their Better Together program. For nearly 20 years, Planet Granite has hosted this amazing group who dedicate their time to better the lives of local 6th graders in Santa Clara. Established in 1989, Better Together works to connect firefighters Read more…

Apr 292014

Hooked from the start - Alex Dang & Climbing @PG San Francisco

*New series on the PG blog!* Here we turn the spotlight on YOU, the members of Planet Granite.  Our community is a kaleidoscope of people with a colorful array of interests, experiences, professions, personalities, and motivations. In each Member Profile we hope to share a bit of the passion and spirit within our community at PG.  Enjoy! Alex Read more…

Mar 312014

Planet Granite Supports the  'City Skyline Challenge'

Planet Granite Sponsors Outward Bound as part of PG Gives Back! Last week, local celebrities, politicians, and nearly one hundred San Franciscans (and 4 Planet Granite Managers!), took part in the City Skyline Challenge – a free-hanging rappel 230 feet from the roof of the Hyatt Regency at 5 Embarcadero Center. Even for the most seasoned of Read more…