Planet Granite is thrilled to announce we are hosting a Team of 2 Training Camp! This is an amazing opportunity to work with some of the best trainers in the climbing and fitness industry to help you hone your skills! Space is limited, so sign up early! All inquiries and requests to sign-up should go to Justen Sjong. For a little background on Team of 2, check out this presentation or their Facebook Page!
Kris Peters has trained some of the best names in climbing, such as Alex Johnson and Emily Harrington. And Justen, who many of us know from when he worked at PG, coaching and setting, has coached many athletes including Emily Harrington, Daniel Woods and Adam Stack – he’s an incredible climber, motivator and has a really keen eye for technique.
Team of 2 – Training Camp – Full Day
Thanks for taking interest in a new and exciting concept that incorporates the Technical, Mental and Physical aspects of climbing into a single program. We explore your climbing through these three different lenses. Thanks in advance! Justen Sjong & Kris Peters
Camp Topic: Power Endurance
Program Details This exciting training program incorporates classroom education and first hand experience with the skills needed to enhance your current level of Power Endurance. We will cover the following topics.
- Art of Warming Up
- Creating Direction
- Mistakes are Opportunities
- Finding and Calming your Inner Beast
- Training Drills
- Personal Feedback
Dates & Locations
July 20th at Sunnyvale from 8 AM to 5 PM
July 21st at San Francisco from 8 AM to 5 PM
Minimum Climbing Ability: 5.11+
Cost: $280 PG Members, $290 non-members
Expectations It’s very important to be upfront with our expectations while working together in the training camp. Since this program works as a group format we ask you to provide positive energy to the group. There are times that we can provide a quick fix where you might see gains right away. But, for most of us, progress takes hard work, time and patience. You can hope to have 30+ minutes of focused attention from each of us during this full day camp. Important note: when we explain an exercise, skill, drill or routine and it doesn’t make sense, please let us know and we’ll attempt to explain another way.
- Show up 10 minutes before the Training Camp.
- Warm up for ten minutes then head into the cycling room that will be used as a classroom.
- In the Classroom, we will discuss the plan for the day in more detail.
- Most plans will have the whole group split into smaller groups and rotate to each of the stations.
- If you have feedback for Kris or Justen please send it our way. It’s very important that the Training Camp reach your expectations. If, we’re not relaying the information in a way that excites you to work on the routines or skills that need improvement, let us know!
To sign up or for more details, please send inquiries to Justen Sjong: email@example.com